ABOUT/ CV/ CONTACT
Ideas-orientated copywriter/ art director.
Currently freelancing for Geometry Global. Recently invited to freelance at A+E DDB.
Have recently solved briefs for Fitbit, Peperami, Maserati, NEFF, Damco TWILL, InvestEU and Hutchison's Vietnamobile brand. Also involved in several proactive projects – for Who Wot Why, Central Saint Martins London and Serviceplan Hamburg.
integrated campaigns, digital, web copy, social, direct, e-CRM, outdoor, TV, film, magazine content, pack copy, B2B, internal comms, retail, brand definition and manifestos.
fmcg, financial, automotive, fashion, alcohol, sport, tech, charity, energy, beauty, B2B and employer branding.
Have worked for:
TBWA Paris, Jung von Matt Hamburg, Saatchi & Saatchi London (account handling), Springer & Jacoby Hamburg and KKLD Berlin/NYC, (a digital agency).
Have freelanced for:
Jung von Matt, Serviceplan, BBH International, Havas, HHCL, Iris, The Boston Consulting Group, Springer & Jacoby Hamburg, Masius, BBDO Proximity, VCCP, Publicis Chemistry, Sapient Nitro, Mobile5, Kemper Trautmann, Scholz & Friends, Geometry Global, Thjnk Berlin, Heimat and others.
Came up with and helped e-retail a product called “The Blame.”
Compose music. Play chess. (Level 6 on chess.com smashes me every time. So I play level 10 and feel better about losing to that.)
Know my way around Photoshop, iMovie and InDesign.
Language skills: German: fluent. French: ok.
Thank you for your interest.
Best Short Film, Greenwich Film Festival, for "Grandpa".
Best Short Film, Berlin Film Festival, for "Grandpa".
Best Short Film Villeurbanne Film Festival, for "Grandpa"
Golden Boot Award, Portobello Film Festival, for "Grandpa".
Gold, Das Plakart for Sixt car hire poster.
Gold Ramses Radio ad for Afri Cola radio campaign.
Best Radio ad, ARD radio award, for Afri Cola radio ads.
Silver, Art Director's Club, for Afri Cola radio ads.
Bronze, Art Director’s Club, for BMW world map press ad.
Bronze, Art Director’s Club, for Sixt car hire “Arabic” poster.
0044 (0) 7968 163 627 (mobile)
"In the 20 years of Jung von Matt, many creative talents have joined and left the agency. Maybe 10% of them I will always remember. And from those I will always remember, there is another 10% whose excellent work I will never forget. Alex belongs to this last group. He did a great job here and I really enjoyed working with him. Therefore we were sad to hear he would leave – but also a little bit proud to see him succeed in London, the birthplace of creative excellence."
Jean-Remy von Matt, joint owner, Jung von Matt
"Alex has worked with us on a variety of freelance assignments.He has produced concise, impactful creative across digital, print and video, both in long and short form. He likes pushing briefs to arrive at original, unexpected solutions."
Global Marketing Director, The Boston Consulting Group
Alex is creative, imaginative, leftfield, lateral, conceptual and prolific. As such, he is an asset to any agency. He loves big ideas and is able to think well beyond traditional media to get the most out of these ideas. An all round good egg.
Chas Bayfield, Creative Director, JWT London
“As a creative Alex will always give you two things. Firstly, work that answers the brief and will make everyone happy. Secondly, and as an added bonus you'll get something unexpected and more daring too."
Ben Drummond, Senior Art Director, with whom I freelanced at Publicis Chemistry
“Alex is a gifted creative who will always comes up trumps with work that is not only strategically sound, but also cuts through the crap. I very much enjoyed working with him.”
Melanie Huggins, senior planner when I worked at TBWA G1 Paris
"A no bullshit creative - who delivered in high stress situations"
Richard Reast, Managing Director when I was at TBWA G1 Paris
Curt Detweiler, ECD when I was at TBWA G1 Paris.
Curt asks if you could ring him for a reference. I can give you his mobile number. (He once told me he gets off on receiving calls from strangers. Just so you know.):
“Alex is a talented copywriter with a rare finesse that allows him to produce award winning copy. I enjoyed working with Alex very much and I hold him in high opinion.”
Spencer Moore. Art Director with whom I worked at Springer & Jacoby.
FURTHER RUN WORK:
• Poster, TV and ambient campaign for Nissan Micra. (Europe.)
• Web copy for NEFF kitchen appliances (Europe.)
• Worldwide claim for Huelsta furnishings.
• Internal email campaign for Allianz Employee Branding.
• Print ad for BMW X5.
• Print ad for BMW 3 Series.
• Facebook employee posts for Boston Consulting Group.
• Pack copy for Sukrin sugar-alternative.
• Poster campaign for Berlin Brandenburg airport.
• Print ads for Alfa Romeo. (UK.)
• Banner ads for Shell - Shell migarage
• Banner ads for Shell - John Deere lubricants.
• Motivation video for Suzuki. (Internal.)
• Print campaigns for LG phones. x3 (International.)
• Poster campaigns for LG phones. x4 (International.)
• Long copy leaflets for LG phones. x4 (International.)
• Other poster and print ads for Volvo. (UK.)
• Banner and print ads for Quadriga (A London based super-car club.)
• Web copy for Elevenfifteen.co.uk (Long copy.UK.)
• Web copy for Elevenfifteen news letter. (Long copy.UK.)
• Other ambient/print/poster work for Sixt. (Europe/Germany.)
• Cover concept and content for Radio Five Live audio promotion (UK.)
• Trade copy and event for Sony Ericsson Vivaz. (Long copy. UK.)
• Poster, print and leaflets for Sony Ericsson X10. (Long copy. UK.)
• Digital copy for Orange U24 website.
• Banner advertising for Screwfix. (Suppliers to the construction trade.)
• Web copy for Sage software.
• Internal comms for Adidas secret project.
• Internal comms for Smart car new project. •
• Launch line and digital copy for Damco/Twill.
• Facebook employee posts for Boston Consulting Group.
• TV campaign for Peperami. (Europe.)
• Direct mail and email campaigns for Maserati. (Worldwide.)